Popular Posts

Friday, November 4, 2011

Purpose of Return to Eden Blogspot

I am passionate about helping people live simplistically in the 21st century. There is an ever growing discontentment with this current life and the demands to keep up. Standing up and saying no to the rat race, in a time when life is running at warp speed, may seem to be impossible. It is not. It is my experience, from the thousands I network with each week, that people are looking for a way to jump off the wheel and step back to a space in time where life was more simple, more meaningful.

Family time has become a thing of the past, replaced by the frenzied life of running from activity to activity, all in the name of enrichment. Employees are working 9-5 and then some, but often sit wondering if it is really worth all the stress, to get to the top. "Top of what?", they wonder. Even this week, we are watching the global economy continue to crumble. I strongly believe times are going to get tougher. As the economy continues to teeter on shaky ground and the cost of living continues to climb, hopelessness and despair sets in.

People sit and ponder the purpose of life. It is hard to say what I will post on here. I am sure I will post some of my family heirloom recipes-you know, the ones that require cooking from scratch? You can expect some gardening tips and musings, for sure. Book reviews. Excerpts from my own books that I write. Tips of how to create simple celebrations. No doubt, I will link in some of my favorite other sites, too. Perhaps I will even post links to the one book that I have managed to finish writing, that released in 2007. I've written thousands of articles over the past 5 years, many of which I still own the copyright to. I imagine I will build an article library here.


Some of the articles will just be basic common sense. Some will be filled with statistics (I happen to value statistics) and many will offer truths found in the Bible. Why the Bible? Well, in a world that seems to be spinning out of control-it is my experience that I need something that doesn't shake/rattle/roll/fall apart/change. The only constant is God himself, unmovable. Unshakable. Unchangeable. Faith in Christ gives me light in what can be a dark world. Hope in times of despair. It would be wrong of me to not offer that same hope to you.

I desire to bring hope to what seems like impossible times. Infuse a little joy into your lives. Share some basics of debt free living. Celebrate the small things with you.  Help you Return to Eden-to a life enjoyed rather than expended. 

Ready to be done with the rat race? Ready to live a more simplified life, reminiscent of times our grandparents enjoyed, with the added benefit of using modern conveniences for the positive points they offer? Come then, let us journey together.